1. Some people believe that it is best to accept a bad situation, such as an unsatisfactory job or shortage of money. Others argue that it is better to try and improve such situations. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
2. Some people say that the main environmental problem of our time is the loss of particular species of plants and animals. Others say that there are more important environmental problems. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
7. Some people say History is one of the most important school subjects. Other people think that in today’s world subjects like Science and technology are more important than History. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
8. In spite of the advances made in agriculture, many people around the world still go hungry. Why is this the case? What can be done about this problem? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
9. Some people want the government to spend more money for looking life on other planets, however others think it is waste of public money when there are so many problems on earth that the government should be solving. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
10. Some people believe school children should be given multiple short vacations, while others believe they should get one long vacation. Give the advantages of both and express your own point of view.
12. Some people believe that not all criminals should be kept in prison, but that some of them should be allowed to do unpaid work to help the community. Do you agree or disagree?
14. People are less fit and active nowadays than in the past. What are the reasons for this? What measures can be taken to fix this?
15. Some people find it beneficial to send young children to nursery school before they go to primary school, while others think it is good to keep children at home with their family. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
16. Due to the use of the computers and mobile phones, letter-writing ability is disappearing. To what extent do you agree?
18. Individuals should improve the environment or is it the government and large companies that should take action?
19. Many museums and historical sites are mainly visited by tourists, but not local people. Why this is the case? What can be done to attract more local people to visit these places?
21. Some people say that all students should study history as a major subject, while others feels that other subjects are important for children in today’s society. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
22. Some people believe that sleeping is the only method which allows people to get enough relaxation. Others believe that physical activities such as playing games and exercises also provide enough relaxation. Discuss both views and provide your opinion.
25. Stores should sell local food products and not the imported food products. Do you agree or disagree?
26. Some people say the Olympic Games are not relevant in the 21st century. Do you agree or disagree?
27. Tourism is encouraged in many countries. Does tourism bring more advantages or disadvantages to a country?
28. Some people think that the media (newspapers) have the right to publish details of people’s private life, while others think it should be controlled? Discuss both views.
31. Some people argue that formal education should start for children as early as possible, while others think that it should not start until 7 years of age. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
32. Some physiologists recommend that it is important to overcome stresses by spending time do nothing. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
33. The education of young people is the main priority in countries around the world. Some people believe that educating adults who cannot read or write is essential for the society and more funding should be made available for it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
34. The only way to solve the increasing crime rate of young offenders is to teach parents better parenting skills. To what extent do you agree?
35. Scientist have been warning for many years about the importance of protecting the environment and that we must limit the use of energy in our daily lives. Despite warnings, many people do not do this. What are the reasons for that and how people can be encouraged to take an interest in protecting the environment?
36. Some people believe that a great difference in age between parents and children is more beneficial. Do you think the advantages of a greater difference in age between them outweigh the disadvantages?
37. As a country develops, people tend to buy more cars. Do the advantages for the individual outweigh the disadvantages for the environment?
38. Some people believe that universities should only offer places to students with high marks, while others believe that people of all ages should be allowed even if they don’t do well in school. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
39. The world of work is changing rapidly. Working conditions today are not the same as before and people no longer rely on taking one job for life. Discuss the possible causes for these changes and give your suggestions for how people should prepare for work in the future.
40. Some people think that to reduce traffic and pollution, the government should increase tax on petrol (gasoline). Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
41. Social media has replaced the traditional methods of communicating, and people use more and more social media to communicate, and to follow news and events. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
42. Some people believe bicycles have a lot of advantages, whereas others believe bicycles have more disadvantages. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
43. Some people prefer to plan activities for their free time very carefully, while others disagree. Discuss both views, and give you opinion.
45. Museums and art galleries should concentrate on local works of art, not showing the cultures or artworks from other countries. To what extent do you agree?
46. Some people spend a lot of money on sports and cultural events. Do you think this is this good or bad?
47. Some people believe that robots are important for humans to develop their future, while others think that it is a dangerous invention that will impact society negatively. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.