1. Last year I went to Andaman Islands in my summer vacation.
2. The islands are nearly 2000 miles away from my city.
3. Given the huge amount of distance, the most preferred way to travel to these islands from my city is either train or aircraft.
4. Since the aircraft tickets are really expensive in holiday season due to heightened demand, my parents decided to commute by train.
5. The journey by train takes nearly two days to finish and it terminates at a port city from where the last mile to the island is covered by a ship.
6. I knew it was not going to be easy to spend two whole days in a train so I decided to carry some sources of entertainment with me.
7. My two favorite pastimes are reading and listening to music.
8. For reading I put the book in my luggage which I was already reading but I was troubled to arrange for a source of music.
9. I generally hear music on my laptop but I did not want to carry my laptop because of its bulky nature and also I was a bit apprehensive about the damage that might happen to it during the journey.
10. Hence I needed something that would be easy to carry and not fragile which would be prone to damage.
11. I knew exactly what would solve my purpose and that was an mp3 player which was owned by one of my friends.
12. I was sure if I asked for it he would not refuse me and indeed he gave it to me gladly.
13. It was a magnificent piece of technology, manufactured by Sony the pioneer in the field of music players.
14. The internal capacity of the player was 8 GB which was enough to store more than 2000 songs.
15. With my friend’s permission I replaced his playlist with mine in the player.
16. Transferring the songs was a cinch, I just had to plug in the player in the USB port of my laptop and copy paste the songs of my liking.
17. The battery life of the player was really impressive I just charged it for 5 hours after which I gave me a playback time of nearly 30 hours.
18. I was really amazed by the features that were embedded in such a small piece of technology.
19. I could sort songs by the names of singers, albums and duration of the song.
20. It also had the feature of marking songs as favorite which enabled me to easily find and play the songs which I liked the most.
21. All of these features were made easy to access with the help of a 5 inch touchscreen which was highly responsive and accurate.
22. Really the advancement in the technology never ceases to amaze me and this mp3 player was one such example of this phenomenon.