1. Urbanization has hit Indian cities at a frenzied pace.
2. The cities are sprawling at unfettered rate and people from rural areas are flocking towards cities for better living.
3. This has led to an area crisis where per capita free space in cities is diminishing day by day.
4. The residential areas are proliferating and free spaces are dwindling at an alarming rate.
5. To make things worse the city life has become hectic and stressful so people need ways to vent out their frustration.
6. One of such ways is an open green space something like a community park in a society.
7. A huge green park in the middle of a society is a blessing in myriad ways.
8. There is one such park in our society and I go there twice a week and witness how this public facility helps people to improve their life quality.
9. The biggest contribution of this park in improving our life quality is by improving the quality of air that we breathe.
10. Our city, like other major cities is highly polluted.
11. In winters the pollution reaches hazardous levels and severely affects the health of the people of our city.
12. Everybody knows that the best way to purify air is by planting more trees, so the greenery of this park ensures that the air at least in our society is pure and fresh, and one can feel that freshness early in the morning in this park.
13. There are several other ways in which this park helps the people of our society to better their lives.
14. Youngsters and adults frequently come to this park for physical activities.
15. Children play their usual games such as football, cricket, badminton and adults take their morning and evening walks in this park.
16. Such activities enables these people to keep fit and healthy.
17. But the demography that benefits the most from this park is of elderly people who are retired or do not have regular activities to keep themselves busy.
18. The aged people of our society have formed a laughter club and every morning one can hear a group of people laughing like crazy while standing in the park.
19. This is called laughter therapy and has been proved highly beneficial for health scientifically.
20. Even in the evening these senior citizens sit together in the park and share their life experiences and reminisce over joyous moments of their lives.
21. Overall this park is a great public utility for all the residents of our society.
Latest Makkar Speaking CUE CARDS with NEW SOLUTIONS