1. Every person should have a role model to look up to.
2. Since I am sports fanatic therefore I idolize sports personalities.
3. There are a few prominent sports persons whom I really admire such as Roger Federer in tennis, Lionel Messi in football, Michael Jordan in basketball.
4. I am highly amazed by their athletic prowess but there is one sportsman whom I adulate for his personal traits.
5. That person is Indian cricket team’s captain Virat Kohli.
6. The things I have heard about him in media and internet are a great source of inspiration for youngsters like me.
7. He is the true ambassador of attributes like sportsman spirit and fitness.
8. He is practically the first athlete in Indian cricket who has brought focus on fitness.
9. I read about his daily routine in his interview in which he mentioned that irrespective of his busy schedule he always manages to take out time for his daily workout.
10. I would love to spend a day with him and see how he does that even after being the most sought after sports person in India.
11. He also said that for him integrity and fitness are above any sporting ability because without these two qualities one cannot become a true sportsman.
12. He is also known for his humility and altruistic nature.
13. He is a philanthropist and runs a charity for differently abled children of our society.
14. Every now and then we can see him on TV espousing a noble cause for example, abiding of traffic rules or planting more trees in our neighbourhood or girl education.
15. Recently he was in the news because he rejected a 20 million dollar endorsement deal which was offered to him by a leading liquor brand in India.
16. He rejected this deal because he feels that as a public figure he has a responsibility towards the nation and cannot promote something which he knows is debilitating for our health.
17. Another example of his firm belief in the importance of fitness in our lives.
18. Last month he set another example for youngsters to follow when he announced that he has turned vegetarian and would urge other people to do the same.
19. He is highly respected in our nation not only as a great sportsman but also as a great human being.
20. I would dearly love to meet him in person and inculcate some of his traits in my personality.