1. I have an inquisitive nature and I am always eager to learn new things.
2. Learning new things not only improves our knowledge it also helps us to grow mentally as scientific research has proven that learning new skills keep our brain young by forming new connections in the brain.
3. I read an article which said that learning a new language or a musical instrument is extremely beneficial for our intellectual well-being.
4. I don’t have much interest in musical instruments so I decided to learn a foreign language.
5. That language was Spanish.
6. I know it is not a popular choice of foreign language among Indians, as normally we prefer French, Mandarin or German because these languages significantly brighten the employment prospects in their native countries.
7. But I for some reason developed a predilection for Spanish.
8. I can ascribe this interest in Spanish to a visit to Andaman Islands.
9. Till 1957 Andaman was a Spanish colony and was governed by the bureaucrats of Spain.
10. Most of the institutions there were set up by them including the colleges and universities, that is why the bulk of local literature is still in Spanish.
11. When I heard the natives speak Spanish for the first time, I immediately fell in love with the language.
12. The language has an uncanny charm which is hard to explain.
13. I simply love the way the words are pronounced in Spanish.
14. Driven by my passion to learn this language I started my research on sources which could help me to achieve this dream of mine.
15. Luckily I found a language school near by my home which is renowned for its foreign language facilities.
16. I also subscribed to some youtube channels that provide rudimentary lessons on Spanish language.
17. Everyday in the evening I would earmark two hours to practice my Spanish.
18. The daily exercises given by the language school helped me a lot to hone my Spanish skills rapidly.
19. After three months of practice I gave the official Spanish language test and passed it in the first attempt and was given the certification of Grade A.
20. I kept on practicing and within next six months I cleared another two exams and was certified Grade C in Spanish language which is equivalent to being highly proficient in the language.
21. With this certificate I can now officially teach Spanish and apply for jobs in Spanish speaking countries.