Part 1: Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER.
Plan for sharing accommodation
The discussion topic: lease for next year
The total rent: Peter £110 & Jim £ (1)
Car parking: in the (2)
A place to buy things: (3) because Jim works there
The fees they should share: (4) fees
The appliances needed: the landlord will provide the microwave
The (5) is needed in the kitchen
Peter will bring some dining room and living room furniture
Jim will buy a (6) at the store
Location of the telephone: in the (7)
Move-in date: (8)
Watching the game together: (9)
What Jim need to do before move-in: take (10) in the morning
Part 2: Questions 11 and 12
Complete the sentences below. Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
11. The program is made for travelers to make
12. The program operates in cooperation with
What is the internship stipulation of each country below?
Choose FOUR answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-F, next to questions 13-16.
A. home stay
B. no summer program
C. minimum time requirement
D. formal report required
E. specific time period
15. South Africa
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
17. What should you do to get the Global Traveling Certificate?
A Record activity every day.
B Formal report.
C Talk the experience with the assessor.
18. You can apply for the certificate
A only after you come back.
B while on the trip.
C before you leave.
19. When should you pay the final installment?
A The day before you leave.
B One month before you return.
C Before you can get your plane ticket.
20. Before your application, you need
A to take a health check.
B to attend the workshop.
C to meet people with whom you will work.
Part 3: Questions 21-30
Complete the table below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/OR NUMBER for each answer.
Part 4: Questions 31-40
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
The Gherkin Building
Commissioned by: (31) firm called Foster and Partners.
The features of its appearance:
• Its shape is like a (32)
• It can reduce the carbon (33) of the city.
• It lets (34) pass through the building, both reducing heating costs and brightening up the workspace.
• One false story claimes that the exterior of the building is partly made of (35)
• links (36) with the workplace.
• relies less on (37) for temperature control than other similar buildings.
The features of its interior:
• The atria that let fresh air pass through the interior are know as (38)
• There is a place for entertainment called the (39) at the top of the building.
The future of urban planning and architecture:
• It is likely that the entire (40) will be designed with more similarly eco-friendly buildings in future.
• A new building will be constructed aiming to produce zero waste and remove carbon dioxide from us as much as possible.