Part 1: Questions 1 and 2
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN ONE WORD for each answer.
Advice on plumbers and decorators
• Don’t call a plumber during the (1)
• Look at trade website: www. (2) .com
Complete the table below. Write NO MORE THAN ONE WORD for each answer.
Part 2: Questions 11-15
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
11. On Monday what will be the students’ working day?
A 9 am – 5 pm
B 8.45 am – 5 pm
C 9 am – 4.45 pm
12. While working in the museum students are encouraged to wear
A formal clothing such as a suit
B cap with the museum logo
C their own casual clothes
13. If students are ill or going to be late they must inform
A the museum receptionist
B their museum supervisor
C their school placement tutor
14. The most popular task while on work placement is usually
A making presentations in local primary schools
B talking to elderly people in care homes
C conducting workshops in the museum
15. The best form of preparation before starting their work placement is to read
A the history of the museum on the website
B the museum regulations and safety guidance
C notes made by previous work placement students
Label the plan below. Write the correct letter A-I next to questions 16-20.
Where in the museum are the following places?
16. Sign-in office
17. Gallery 1
18. Key box
19. Kitchen area
20. Staff noticeboard
Part 3: Questions 21-26
What is the tutor’s opinion of the following company projects?
Choose FIVE answers from the box, and write the correct letter, A-H, next to questions 21-26.
A It would be very rewarding for the student.
B It is too ambitious.
C It would be difficult to evaluate.
D It wouldn’t be sufficiently challenging.
E It would involve extra costs.
F It is beyond the student’s current ability.
G It is already being done by another student.
H It would probably have the greatest impact on the company.
21. Customer database
22. Online sales catalogue
24. Stock inventory
25. Internal security
26. Customer services
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
Which TWO problems do Sam and the tutor identify concerning group assignments?
A Personal relationships.
B Cultural differences.
C Division of labour.
D Group leadership.
E Group size.
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
Which TWO problems does Sam identify concerning the lecturers?
E Teaching materials.
Part 4: Questions 31-40
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
The Tawny Owl
Most (31) owl species in UK
Mainly lives in (32) but can also be seen in urban areas, e.g. parks.
• Short wings and (33) , for navigation
• Brown and (34) feathers, for camouflage
• Large eyes (more effective than those of (35) ), for good night vision
• Very good spatial (36) for predicting where prey might be found
• Excellent (37) for locating prey from a perch
Main food is small mammals.
Owls in urban areas eat more (38)
Two thirds of young owls die within a (39)
Owls don’t disperse over long distances.
Owls seem to dislike flying over large areas of (40)