Part 1: Questions 1-7
Complete the table and the notes below using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
8. Jetty No.2 is situated
9. The commentary is in
10. The lady recommends that they
Part 2: Questions 11-14
Complete the table below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
At the interview
Arrive no more than (15) before the time of the interview.
After you hear the question, you can (16) before you reply.
You can (17) if you don’t understand what they are asking you.
Wait for them to offer you the job before you say what (18) you want.
Learning from the experience will make you more (19) in future interviews.
Pay attention to your (20) – it shows you have a positive attitude.
Part 3: Questions 21-23
Complete the sentences below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
Effects of weather on mood
21. Phil and Stella’s goal is to the hypothesis that weather has an effect on a person’s mood.
22. They expect to find that ‘good’ weather (weather which is and ) has a positive effect on a person’s mood.
23. Stella defines ‘effect on mood’ as a in the way a person feels.
What information was given by each writer?
Choose you answers from the box and write letters A-F next to questions 24-27.
Choose THREE letters A-H.
Which THREE things do Phil and Stella still have to decide on?
A how to analyse their results
B their methods of presentation
C the design of their questionnaire
D the location of their survey
E weather variables to be measured
F the dates of their survey
G the size of their survey
H the source of data on weather variables
Part 4: Questions 31-35
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
31. How long would terms be under the six-term system?
A six weeks
B seven weeks
C thirteen weeks
32. What would happen to the summer holiday?
A it would disappear
B it would be shortened
C it would be lengthened
33. How much was the average learning loss in the summer?
A two weeks
B three weeks
C seven weeks
34. In which subject was learning loss greatest among disadvantaged?
35. According to Marchmont’s research, in the six-term system pupils performed
A better than under the existing system
B worse than under the existing system
C the same as under the existing system
Complete the summary below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
The school terms that we use originated when many people worked in (36) Also because of the heat it was difficult to teach children in July and August before the invention (37) A different approach can be provided by the (38) An important factor in the success of these is the small (39) Also the element of (40) is usually present which contributes greatly.