Part 1: Questions 1-5
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
KT Furniture customer order form
Caller’s name: Sue Brown
Company name: (1)
Address: (2) Trading estate, 210 new hampton road south down
Contact number: (3) (mobile)
Delivery option: 1 or 2 (no (4) )
Method of payment: credit card, Type: (5)
Complete the table below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
|Office chairs||ASP 23||(6)………………………||5|
|Leather sofa||DFD 33||(9)…………………..||1|
Part 2: Questions 11-17
Complete the sentences below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
Marathon – tips for spectators
11. To enjoy the day, make sure you it first.
12. Travel within the city centre.
13. Wear on the day.
14. Check the the night before the marathon
15. Let the give drinks to runners.
16. Ray on one side of the road to avoid
17. Don’t arrange to meet runners near the
What does she speaker say about the following forms of transport?
Write the correct letter, A, B, C, or E next to questions 18-20
A will take more passengers than usual
B will suit people who want to see the start of the race
C waiting times will be longer than usual
D will have fewer staff than usual
E some work schedules will change
Part 3: Questions 21-26
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
21. What does Ahmed say about last week’s seminar?
A He wasn’t aide to get there on time.
B He didn’t know all the modems.
C He couldn’t understand everything.
22. What does the tutor say about Ahmed’s preparation for the seminar?
A He was better prepared than some students.
B He completed some useful work.
C He read some useful articles.
23. What does Ahmed say about his participation in the seminar?
A He tended to speak to his neighbour only.
B He spoke when other students were talking.
C He felt embarrassed when students looked at him
24. What does Ahmed worry about most in seminars?
A speaking at the right time
B taking enough notes
C staying focused
25. What does Ahmed say about his role in the group?
A He hasn’t thought about it.
B He’d like to change
C He feels he is acting a part.
26. At the next seminar, Ahmed, tutor suggests that he should
A give other modems more help with their work.
B observe the behaviour of other students.
C ask other students for their views.
Questions 27 and 28
Choose TWO letters A-E.
Which TWO strategies does the tutor suggest for the next seminar?
A speak more frequently
B behave in a confident manner
C sit next to someone helpful
D listen to what other people say
E think of questions to ask
Questions 29 and 30
Choose TWO letters A-E.
Which TWO suggestions does the tutor make about taking note?
A plan them before the seminar
B note down key words that people say
C note points to say late
D include self-analysis
E rewrite them after the seminar
Part 4: Questions 31-40
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
• Deserts found in what is known as a (31) (or dry area)
• Annual rainfall, if any, amounts to (32)
• Soil contains a lot of salt and (33)
General adaptations of desert plants
• They can (34) and store water
• They have features that reduce water loss.
Examples of adaptations
• Saguaro Cactus: stores water in its (35)
• Barrel Cactus: can (36) or shrink according to weather
• Old Man Cactus: has (37) that reflect the sun
• Prickly Pear Cactus: has (38) to keep away animals
• Desert Spoon: leaves are (39) to reduce water loss
• Aloe Plant: leaf surface acts like a (40) covering and keeps water inside