Part 1: Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Name: Sadie Jones
Year of birth: 1991
Traveling by bus
Date of bus journey: (2)
Reason for trip: shopping and visit to the (3)
Travelled by bus because cost of (4) too high
Got on bus at (5) Street
Complaints about bus service bus today was (6)
Frequency of buses in the (7)
Traveling by car
Goes to the (8) By car
Traveling by bicycle
Dislikes traveling by bike in the city centre because of the (9)
Doesn’t own a bike because of a lack of (10)
Part 2: Questions 11-13
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
Becoming a volunteer for ACE
11. Why does the speaker apologise about the seats?
A They are too small.
B There are not enough of them.
C Some of them are very close together.
12. What does the speaker say about the age of volunteers?
A The age of volunteers is less important than other factors.
B Young volunteers are less reliable than older ones.
C Most volunteers are about 60 years old.
13. What does the speaker say about training?
A It is continuous.
B It is conducted by a manager.
C It takes place online.
Questions 14 and 15
Choose TWO letters, A-E. Which TWO issues does the speaker ask the audience to consider before they apply to be volunteers?
A their financial situation
B their level of commitment
C their work experience
D their ambition
E their availability
What does the speaker suggest would be helpful for each of the following areas of voluntary work? Choose FIVE answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-G, next to Questions 16-20.
Helpful things volunteers might offer
A experience on stage
B original, new ideas
C parenting skills
D an understanding of food and diet
E retail experience
F a good memory
G a good level of fitness
Area of voluntary work
17. Litter collection
19. Story club
20. First aid
Part 3: Questions 21-26
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
Talk on Jobs in fashion design
21. What problem did Chantal have at the start of the talk?
A Her view of the speaker was blocked.
B She was unable to find an empty seat.
C The students next to her were talking.
22. What were Hugo and Chantal surprised to hear about the job market?
A It has become more competitive than it used to be.
B There is more variety in it than they had realised.
C Some areas of it are more exciting than others.
23. Hugo and Chantal agree that the speaker’s message was
A unfair to them at times.
B hard for them to follow.
C critical of the industry.
24. What do Huao and Chantal criticise about their school careers advice?
A when they received the advice
B how much advice was given
C who gave the advice
25. When discussing their future, Hugo and Chantal disagree on
A which is the best career in fashion.
B when to choose a career in fashion.
C why they would like a career in fashion.
26. How does Hugo feel about being an unpaid assistant?
A He is realistic about the practice.
B He feels the practice is dishonest.
C He thinks others want to change the practice.
Questions 27 and 28
Choose TWO letters, A-E. Which TWO mistakes did the speaker admit she made in her first job?
A being dishonest to her employer
B paying too much attention to how she looked
C expecting to become well-known
D trying to earn a lot of money
E openly disliking her client
Questions 29 and 30
Choose TWO letters, A-E. Which TWO pieces of retail information do Hugo and Chantal agree would be useful?
A the reasons people return fashion items
B how much time people have to shop for clothes
C fashion designs people want but can’t find
D the best time of year for fashion buying
E the most popular fashion sizes
Part 4: Questions 31-40
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
Reasons for overpopulation at Majete National Park
• strict enforcement of anti-poaching laws
• successful breeding
Problems caused by elephant overpopulation
• greater competition, causing hunger for elephants
• damage to (31) in the park
The translocation process
• a suitable group of elephants from the same (32) was selected
• vets and park staff made use of (33) to help guide the elephants into an open plain
• elephants were immobilised with tranquilisers
o this process had to be completed quickly to reduce (34)
o elephants had to be turned on their (35) to avoid damage to their lungs
o elephants’ (36) had to be monitored constantly
o tracking devices were fitted to the matriarchs
o data including the size of their tusks and (37) was taken
• elephants were taken by truck to their new reserve
Advantages of translocation at Nkhotakota Wildlife Park
• (38) opportunities
• a reduction in the number of poachers and (39)
• an example of conservation that other parks can follow
• an increase in (40) as a contributor to GDP