Part 1: Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Bankside Recruitment Agency
• Address of agency: 497 Eastside, Docklands
• Name of agent: Becky (1)
• Phone number: 07866510333
• Best to call her in the: (2)
• Clerical and admin roles, mainly in the finance industry
• Must have good (3) skills
• Jobs are usually for at least one (4)
• Pay is usually £ (5) per hour
• Wear a (6) to the interview
• Must bring your (7) to the interview
• They will ask questions about each applicant’s (8)
Advantages of using an agency
• The (9) you receive at interview will benefit you
• Will get access to vacancies which are not advertised
• Less (10) is involved in applying for jobs
Part 2: Questions 11-14
Choose the correct letter A, B, or C.
Matthews Island Holidays
11. According to the speaker, the company
A has been in business for longer than most of its competitors
B arranges holidays to more destinations than its competitors
C has more customers than its competitors
12. Where can customers meet the tour manager before traveling to the Isle of Man?
13. How many lunches are included in the price of holiday?
14. Customers have to pay extra for
A guaranteeing themselves a larger room
B booking at short notice
C transferring to another date
Complete the table below. Write ONE WORD AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Part 3: Questions 21-26
What did findings of previous research claim about the personality traits of a child is likely to have because of their position in the family?
Choose SIX answers from the list A-H below.
Position in family
21. the eldest child
22. a middle child
23. the youngest child
24. a twin
25. an only child
26. a child with much older siblings
Questions 27 and 28
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
27. What do the speakers say about the evidence relating to birth order and academic success?
A There is conflicting evidence about whether oldest children perform best in intelligence tests
B There is little doubt that birth order has less influence on academic achievement than socio-economic status
C Some studies have neglected to include important factors such as family side
28. What does Ruth think is surprising about the difference in oldest children’s academic performance
A It is mainly thanks to their roles as teachers for their younger siblings
B The advantages they have only lead to a slightly higher level of achievement
C The extra parental attention they receive at a young age makes little difference
Questions 29 and 30
Choose TWO letter, A-E.
Which TWO experiences of sibling rivalry do the speakers agree has been valuable for them?
A learning to share
B learning to stand up for oneself
C learning to be a good loser
D learning to be tolerant
E learning to say sorry
Part 4: Questions 31-40
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
The Eucalyptus Tree in Australia
• It provides (31) and food for a wide range of species
• Its leaves provide (32) which is used to make a disinfectant
Reasons for present decline in number:
• Mundulla Yellows
– lime used for making (33) was absorbed
– trees were unable to take in necessary iron through their roots
• Bell-miner Associated Die-back
– (34) feed on eucalyptus leaves
– they secrete a substance containing sugar
– bell-miner birds are attracted by this and keep away other species
Willian Jackson’s theory:
• High frequency bushfires have impact on vegetation, resulting in the growth of (35)
• Mid frequency bushfires result in the growth of eucalyptus forests, because they:
o make more (36) available to the trees
o maintain the quality of the (37)
• Low frequency bushfires result in the growth of (38) rainforest which is:
o a (39) ecosystem
o an ideal environment for the (40) of the bell-miner