Part 1: Questions 1-10
Complete the form below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Advantages for traveling by train:
• Take as much (3) as you need with the Eurostar
• Runs on schedule (4) of the time
• Can catch speeds of (5) miles per hour
Two options from Paris to Nice:
• Catch the TGV train at (6)
• Catch the TGV train at (7) and travel (8)
Single tickets cost approximately (9)
Flying from London to Nice takes (10)
Part 2: Questions 11-15
Complete the form below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Project development schedule
• Project name: The Cube
• Length of project: (11)
• Current stage of project: halfway through
Label the floor plan below. Write the correct letter A-G next to questions 16-20.
16. Restaurant with view
18. Office space
19. Exclusive space
20. Waterside restaurant
Part 3: Questions 21-25
Which student expresses each of the opinions about their tutor?
Choose your answers from below and write the letters A-D next to questions 21-25.
21. When things don’t make sense I think it is my mistake at first
22. I find the tutors mistakes entertaining
23. I think it is unfortunate when tutors confuse people
24. I don’t believe the situation is so serious
25. The professor should be aware of his tutor’s abilities
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
Recommendations for surviving the Confusing Lab Class
Remember that English is not Marlena’s first language. She does not understand when you are joking around so don’t (26) her so much. If you pick on her you will make her (27) that she can’t think clearly. If you need help make an appointment to meet with her (28) and might see a (29) of her. Remember that tutors are not old academics; she is not yet experienced as a (30)
Part 4: Questions 31-40
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Course: Epidemiology 101
Tuberculosis: it is closely associated with the (31)
In the UK:
• Common in the 19th century
• Since then better living conditions (32) immunization and effective treatments have made it uncommon
• Still common in (33) and parts of (34)
• Causes (35) deaths per year, more that any other infectious disease
• Overall (36) of the world’s population is infected but not everyone gets sick
• A weakened immune system due to HIV infection, immune suppressing treatment or alcohol or (37)
• Age-babies and elderly are more likely to become sick
• Certain environments more common among homeless people, among prisoners and people in (38) and in more improvised areas
• 50 years ago, a way (39) TB was found
• The most recent form of tuberculosis, XDR-TB poses a (40) to general TB control