Part 1: Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER.
Title of conference: Future directions in computing
Three day cost: (1) £
Payment by (2) or on arrival
• (3) £ per night
• Near to conference rooms
• (4) £ per night
• Approximately (5) walk from conference centre
Further documents to be sent:
• An application form
Conference centre is on (7) Park road next to (8)
Taxi costs (9) £ or take bus number (10) from station.
Part 2: Questions 11-13
Which team will do each of the following jobs?
Choose THREE answers from the box and write the correct letter A-D next to questions 11-13
11. checking entrance tickets
12. preparing refreshments
13. directing car park traffic
A the blue team
B the yellow team
C the green team
D the red team
Complete the table below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR A NUMBER.
Part 3: Questions 21-25
Complete the summary below. Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
The school of education libraries
The libraries on both sites provide internet access and have a variety of (21) materials on education. The Castle Road library has books on sociology together with (22) and other resources relevant to the majority of (23) school subjects.
The Fordham library includes resources for teaching in (24) education and special needs. Current issues of periodicals are available at both libraries although (25) issues are only available at Fordham.
Questions 26 and 27
Answer the questions below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER.
26. Which books cannot be renewed by telephone or email?
27. How much time is allowed to return recalled books?
Choose THREE letters, A-G.
Which THREE topics do this term’s study skills workshops cover?
A An introduction to the Internet
B How to carry out research for a dissertation
C Making good use of the whole range of library services
D Planning a dissertation
E Standard requirements when writing a dissertation
F Using the Internet when doing research
G What books and technical resources are available in the library
Part 4: Questions 31-34
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
31. When did Asiatic lions develop as a separate sub-species?
A about 10,000 years ago
B about 100,000 years ago
C about 1,000,000 years ago
32. Pictures of Asiatic lions can be seen on ancient coins from
B The Middle East
33. Asiatic lions disappeared from Europe
A 2,500 years ago
B 2,000 years ago
C 1,900 years ago
34. Very few African lions have
A a long mane
B a coat with varied colours
C a fold of skin on their stomach
Complete the sentences below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER.
THE GIR SANCTUARY
35. The sanctuary has an area of approximately square kilometers
36. One threat to the lions in the sanctuary is
37. The ancestors of the Gir Sanctuary lions were protected by a
38. A large part of lions’ consists of animals belonging to local farmers
39. The lions sometimes especially when water is short
40. In ancient India a man would fight a lion as a test of