Section 1: Questions 1-5
Complete the table below using NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Complete the flow chart below. Write NO MORE THAN ONE WORD for each answer.
Process of booking a computer
• Step 1: log in to (6) using your student number and
• Step 2: choose the resource type you would like to use
• Step 3: select (8) of computer
• Step 4: select date of booking using (9) options
• Step 5: complete your booking. Your name should appear on the booking
Section 2: Questions 11-14
Choose TWO answers for each question.
11. Doors Open
A is an annual event
B lasts for one week
C is a free event
D happens in spring
E is more than 100 years old
12. The Observatory
A is situated in Edinburgh
B was built 20 years ago
C regularly participates in the Doors Open event
D is 120 years old
E is open to visitors every day of the year
13. Planetarium Shows
A take place twice a day
B are more popular on Saturday
C run on Saturday and Sunday
D run four times a day
E finish at half past ten
14. All tickets
A must be booked in advance
B are already sold out
C are on sale at the information point
D must be booked online
E are available for from midday
Complete the sentences using NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
15. The tour of the telescope dome includes access to the of the building
16. Tour participants are advised to have suitable
17. Visitors to the Crawford Collection can see items from the astronomical on display
18. The children’s craft workshops take place in the
19. During the craft workshops children can construct a model of a
20. Children also have the opportunity to colour a
Section 3: Questions 21-23
Choose THREE letters A-G.
Which THREE examples of space junk are mentioned by the speaker?
B cooling tanks
C metal plates
D metal screws
G whole rackets
Which country is responsible for depositing the following percentages of space junk?
E United States
Complete the table below. Choose the answers from the options and write the appropriate letter A-I next to questions 27-30.
A a grown up gorilla
B a double decker bus
C the desert
D Eastern Australia
E the 1980s
G 100 tonnes
H the South Pacific
Section 4: Questions 31-35
Complete the table below. Use NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
Which items do the following sentences apply to?
Write correct letter A, B, C, D or E next to questions 36-40.
A fruit and vegetables
B bread and milk
C cheap tinned foods
36. They are referred to as distress goods
37. They are always located at the front of the supermarket
38. They are referred to as destination goods
39. They are normally located below eye level
40. They are often located at the check-out