Part 1: Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER.
WEST BAY HOTEL – DETAILS OF JOB
• Newspaper advert for temporary staff
• Vacancies for (1)
• Two shifts
• Can choose your (2) (must be the same each week)
• Pay: £5.50 per hour including a (3)
• A (4) is provided in the hotel
• Total weekly pay: £231
• Dress: a white shirt and (5) trousers (not supplied), a (6) (supplied)
• Starting date: (7)
• Call Jane (8) (service manage) before (9) tomorrow (Tel: 832009)
• She will require a (10)
Part 2: Questions 11-13
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
Improvements to Red Hill Suburb
11. Community groups are mainly concerned about
A pedestrian safety
B traffic jams
C increased pollution
12. It has been decided that the overhead power lines will be
13. The expenses related to the power lines will be paid by
A the council
B the power company
C local businesses
Label the map below. Write the correct letter A-H next to questions 14-20.
15. Wider footpaths
16. Coloured road surface
17. New sign
18. Traffic lights
20. Children’s playground
Part 3: Questions 21 and 22
Choose TWO letters A-E.
In which TWO ways is Dan financing his course?
A He is receiving money from the government
B His family are willing to help him
C The college is giving him a small grant
D His local council is supporting him for a limited period
E A former employer is providing partial funding
Questions 23 and 24
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
Which TWO reasons does Jeannie give for deciding to leave some college clubs?
A She is not sufficiently challenged
B The activity interferes with her studies
C She does not have enough time
D The activity is too demanding physically
E She does not think she is any good at the activity
Questions 25 and 26
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
25. What does Dan say about the seminars on the course?
A The other students do not give him a chance to speak
B The seminars make him feel inferior to the other students
C The preparation for seminars takes too much time
26. What does Jeannie say about the tutorials on the course?
A They are an inefficient way of providing guidance
B They are more challenging than she had expected
C They are helping her to develop her study skills
Complete the flow chart below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER.
Part 4: Questions 31-36
Australian Aboriginal Rock Paintings
Which painting styles have the following features?
Write the correct letter A, B or C next to questions 31-36.
31. figures revealing bones
32. rounded figures
33. figures with parts missing
34. figures smaller than life size
35. sea creatures
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS.
RAINBOW SERPENT PROJECT
Aim of project: to identify the (37) used as the basis for the Rainbow Serpent
• Environmental changes led to higher (38)
• Traditional activities were affected especially (39)
Rainbow Serpent Image
• Similar to a sea horse
• Unusual because it appeared in inland areas
• Symbolises (40) in Aboriginal culture