Part 1: Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Call taken by: Natasha
Customer’s full name: Michael (1)
Date of birth: 27 March 1988
Previous address: 319 (2) East providence
Phone number: 049248002
Data allowance: (3)
Current plan: (4)
Mother’s maiden name: (5)
First pet: (6)
New password sent on: (7)
Extra services required: new (8)
Part 2: Questions 11-16
Where can each of the following items be found?
Choose SIX answers from the box and write the correct letter A-I next to questions 11-16.
A on washing machine
B in hallway cupboard
C in hot water cupboard
D next to back door
E in bathroom
F on top of television
G in bedroom
H under kitchen sink
I above front door
12. Garage key
13. Laundry detergent
14. Beach towels
15. Bath towels
16. Light bulbs
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Difficult parking in town at the weekend because of so many (17)
Museum is closed on (18)
Recommended places to eat:
• (19) for Chinese food
• Pizzeria for Italian food
Phone number for takeaway pizza (20)
Part 3: Questions 21-25
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
21. Why did Joanne accept the offer from Gregory Associates?
A it covered her travel expenses
B it was from a well-known company
C it was the only offer she received
22. Joanne was disappointed because
A she found the work routine repetitive
B the staff were not very helpful
C the work was not related to her studies
23. What did Joanne like best about her internship?
A observing how the workplace operates
B being responsible for completing projects
C working closely with the project managers
24. What was the hardest part of the internship?
A combining it with her studies
B living on so little money
C working such long hours
25. During the internship Joanne
A changed her mind about her career
B received a job offer from the company
C decided not to continue her studies
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
How to apply for an internship
Part 4: Questions 31-40
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
Development studies attempts to understand:
• How societies change and progress over time
• What (31) help to make these changes
• Theoretical (understand how change occurs)
• Applied (examine (32) and how they can be applied) Areas of focus: Asia Pacific region; urbanizing (including employment and (33) ); migration, trade
You will develop skills to:
• Understand key development issue in detail
• Gather data (both (34) and textual data)
• Carefully (35) findings
• (36) on a research project
Brief history of development studies:
• 1950s – the discipline emerges
• (37) issues are the major consideration
• 1970s – development studies became more (38) of the establishment. Questions were raised about power, environmental sustainability and (39) issues.
• 1980s – today – national governments were no longer as important. Growing interests in small scale practices such as remittances and (40)