Part 1: Questions 1-10
Complete the form below. Write ONE WORD OR A NUMBER for each answer.
CITY TRANSPORT LOST PROPERTY ENQUIRY
Main item lost: suitcase
Description of main item: black with thin (1) stripes
Other items: a set of (2) keys
A (3) in a box
A blue (4)
Date and time: 2-2.30 pm on (5)
Basic route: caller travelled from the (6) to Highbury
Mode of travel: caller thinks she left suitcase in a (7)
Name: Lisa (8)
Address: 15A (9) Rd. Highbury
Phone number: (10)
Part 2: Questions 11-15
Label the map below. Write correct letter A-H next to questions 11-15.
12. climbing supplies store
14. bike hire
What comment does the speaker make about each of the following tracks?
Write correct letter A, B or C next to questions 16-20.
16. North point
17. Silver river
18. Valley crossing
20. Henderson ridge
A It is possible to get lost here.
B It only offers basic accommodation.
C It requires physical strength.
Part 3: Questions 21-25
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
21. Why has James chosen to do a case study on the company Furniture Rossi?
A It has enjoyed global success.
B It is still in a developmental phase.
C It is an example of a foreign company being rebranded for Australia.
22. According to James, why did Luca Rossi start a furniture company?
A Furniture-making was already a family occupation.
B Rossi saw a need for hand-crafted furniture.
C The work Rossi had done previously was unrewarding.
23. What gave Furniture Rossi a competitive advantage over other furniture companies?
A its staff
B its lower prices
C its locally sourced products
24. What does the tutor recommend James does when writing the second draft of his case study?
A provide more detailed references
B check for written accuracy
C add his own views
25. What do the tutor and James agree was wrong with James’ last presentation?
A It was too short.
B It focused too much on statistics.
C There was not enough interaction with the audience.
Complete the flow chart below. Choose FIVE answers from the list below and write the correct letter A-G next to questions 26-30.
D TV advertising campaigns
G software programs
Part 4: Questions 31-36
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD for each answer.
Why rock art is important to researchers
It provides evidence about
Global similarities in rock art
• Humans often had large (32)
• Animals were common but a (33) was always drawn from the side or from above.
• Unlikely that contact through (34) resulted in similar artistic styles
Why our ancestors produced rock art
Research suggests rock art was produced
• Firstly for reasons of (35)
• Later for social, spiritual and (36) reasons.
Answer the questions below. Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
What TWO images drawn by Aboriginal people show their contact with Europeans?
Which human activities does the lecturer say are the main threats to Aboriginal rock art?