1. It is said that music is food for soul and I could not agree more.
2. The reason music has a universal acceptance is that there is music for every kind of situation and mood.
3. It transcends borders and races.
4. For me music is the biggest stress buster and my favorite pastime.
5. I have created separate playlists which solve different purposes such as one playlist is full of songs which help me to relax while there is a playlist comprising of some peppy songs which I switch on whenever I am feeling a bit low.
6. Although I enjoy different genres of music and there are quite a few songs which I have listened to umpteen times, there is one song in particular which is really close to my heart.
7. The song’s title is ‘In the end’ and it is composed by band Linkin Park, suffice to say it is my favorite band as well.
8. No other band has been able to resonate with youngsters like Linkin Park has.
9. Its lead singer Chester Bennington is a true youth icon.
10. For years this band struggled in obscurity and released many songs.
11. But it shot to popularity with its most admired song ‘In the end’.
12. I first listened to this song at a friend’s place.
13. It was him who introduced me to this band and insisted that I should listen to their songs because their songs were not run of the mill stuff.
14. And I am glad that the first song which I listened to was ‘In the end’.
15. The moment he played the song I knew I was listening to something unique.
16. The song begins with strange sounding music which has been created with the help of an instrument which is used exclusively by this band.
17. The music plays for around 15 seconds after which the tempo of the song picks up by introducing guitar and drum the two instruments without which rock music is inconceivable.
18. But the main highlights of the song are Chester’s husky voice and the lyrics of the song.
19. There is an aroma of enigma the way he sings.
20. And the lyrics of the song are philosophical in nature which is usually the manner the band’s songs are written.
21. The theme of the song is life and it revolves around the idea that life is a journey and in the end what matters the most is that how we have lived this journey.
22. In the end the outcomes don’t matter but what matters is whether we have enjoyed this journey or not.
23. Like this song other songs of the band as well have an interesting and encouraging take on life and that is why it is my favorite band.