1. Both of my parents are working so I did not get much time from them in the childhood.
2. Fortunately my grandparents live with us and it was them who practically brought me up.
3. They are sweetest grandparents one can have.
4. They fulfilled all my wishes in my childhood and sometimes my father would argue with my grandfather that he was pampering me by pandering to my demands.
5. Nonetheless he would continue to do so.
6. Every evening I would sit with my grandfather and he would share his experiences from his childhood and adulthood.
7. He told me several stories about how the time was different in his days and how much people have changed over the years.
8. There is one particular story that has stuck with me ever since I heard it for the first time.
9. It was an incident from my grandfather’s school days.
10. I remember this incident because it taught me few important things.
11. Once was the capricious nature of time that how it can change in a matter of days and second was the importance of family and hard work and persistence in our lives.
12. It was the year when he completed his higher secondary school.
13. In our education system higher secondary school is really crucial as its outcome decides the future course for any youngster.
14. Keeping this thing in mind he was determined to do well in that year, hence he started his preparation with utmost sincerity.
15. For the first half of the year everything was on track, as he did well in all the house tests and had covered bulk of the course, earmarking second half for revision.
16. However, it was around December when things started to go awry for me.
17. During a club cricket match he slipped and fractured his left ankle.
18. He was bedridden for a complete month because of which he could not attend his coaching classes where the revision batch had already started.
19. He started panicking because his final exams were only two months away.
20. And that is when his biggest pillar of strength, his family, helped him to go through that tough phase.
21. His parents settled his nerves and instilled the confidence in him that despite these setback he will live up to their expectations.
22. The fact that his family was beside him whatever the outcome really helped him to regain his focus.
23. Although he missed his coaching classes, but to make up for that he doubled his effort at home.
24. He kept abreast of everything happening in those classes through his friends.
25. After a month his plaster was removed and he regained his mobility but was still not able to travel on his own because of which he had to continue his self-study at home.
26. Exams came and went, and time just flew by, and then came the day of reckoning.
27. His result was out he had managed to score 95% the second highest in his batch.
28. His hard word had paid off and he would never forget the feeling of pride on the faces of his parents.