IELTS MASTER | Describe a time when you had some medicine

Describe a time when you had some medicine

Latest Makkar cue cards with new solutions

1. It is commonly said that prevention is better than cure.
2. Although I totally believe in the idea of prevention, there are still some afflictions which cannot be prevented because they strike unannounced.
3. For such ailments we have medicines.
4. I believe that medicines are the greatest invention of mankind.
5. Medicines empower us to fight many threats which could be otherwise debilitating for us and I can personally vouch for it since recently I went through one such harrowing experience.
6. I vividly remember it was the time of September.
7. Every year this time around the likelihood of diseases like dengue and malaria increases because of high breeding of mosquitoes.

8. Thousands of people catch these diseases and this year I was one of those unfortunate victims.
9. It started with a mild fever and body ache.
10. When it persisted for few days and decided to get myself checked.
11. When I explained my symptoms the doctor straight away wrote some tests for my fever as he feared the worst.
12. Reports came and I was diagnosed with dengue.
13. Luckily it was caught at a very nascent stage and the doctor started my medication immediately.
14. I was administered the prescribed medicine for dengue along with glucose drips and appropriate diet.
15. Everyday I had to take the pills for my fever thrice a day.
16. Also I was given injections on alternate days to fight the infection which has spread throughout my body.
17. My medication continued for three weeks after which my condition had improved significantly with no fever and very low levels of infection.

18. For few more days I was kept under observation.
19. It was a terrible experience for me physically as well as mentally.
20. And after going through this I just hope that we all take correct measures to eradicate such diseases from our society.

Cambridge IELTS TESTS 1 TO 13

9 responses to “Describe a time when you had some medicine”

1. Satinder says:

As we all know that prevention is better than cure and medicines are made for sick people tO take when it is in need.I vividly remember that time when i was suffering from strongest headache. That was the first time when i took medicine and that was suggested by our family doctor. That time was very hard to me because i had never took any medicine. I feared to took medicine as i afraid of allergic reactions . Bt with the support of my family i took it. On the second day again at the same time i was also in pain , after that our doctor adviced to check my eye test. That time was unforgetable to me.

• IELTS MASTER says:

When in need not when it is in need. Use severe headache not strongest. Hard for me not to me. Had never taken not took, always use third form with had, have and has. To take not took, always use first form of verb with to. Check my eyes not test. Unforgettable for me not to me.

2. Timi says:

Early last year, I had this minor surgery done. Well, it’s something I could have prevented but i’d procrastinated so much, it left the dentist with no option than to recommend a surgery. My tooth, somewhere in the rear which is part of what is called the molar set had been decaying for a while but the thought of the pain I might have to go through in extracting it prevented me from taking any action.
    However, when the aches became more than I could bear and by then, it was also beginning to give an odor, I relunctancy booked an appointment with the clinic. When he checked, he apprised me of the condition. He said I’ll have to be on antibiotics and pain reliever for a week after which he could then do the surgery. He explained that it’s gotten really bad and a mere extraction couldn’t do. Though I also don’t like taking drugs, I had to; to ensure there wouldn’t be any complications. The procedure went well and he recommended that I gargle with antiseptic mouthwash till my gum heals. It was a remarkable experience but I’m better for it now.

3. San says:

Hi Sir, I’m new to this forum(comments) I noticed that some students post their answers whether in Writing or in Speaking! is it possible for me to do it here? and how many times will be allowed to do it?
    I would also like to ask in relation to the ielts reading tests, is it possible to download PDF files from this site to answer the reading questions?
    All in all, Thank you very much for this precious work and your attempt to help students from all over the world.

• IELTS MASTER says:

We are doing some upgrades so as of now comments on writing are closed we will let you know when these are opened again.

4. Anyanwu Nkeiruka says:

Hi sir am new here , I will like to join learning with this site
    I hope to be getting updated .thanks