1. I have an inquisitive nature and I am always eager to learn new things.
2. Learning new things not only improves our knowledge it also helps us to grow mentally as scientific research has proven that learning new skills keep our brain young by forming new connections in the brain.
3. I read an article which said that learning a new language or a musical instrument is extremely beneficial for our intellectual well-being.
4. I don’t have much interest in musical instruments but there is one particular foreign language that I would love to learn.
5. That language is Spanish.
6. I know it is not a popular choice of foreign language among Indians, as normally we prefer French, Mandarin or German because these languages significantly brighten the employment prospects in their native countries.
7. But I for some reason developed a predilection for Spanish.
8. I can ascribe this interest in Spanish to a visit to Andaman Islands.
9. Till 1957 Andaman was a Spanish colony and was governed by the bureaucrats of Spain.
10. Most of the institutions there were set up by them including the colleges and universities, that is why the bulk of local literature is still in Spanish.
11. When I heard the natives speak Spanish for the first time, I immediately fell in love with the language.
12. The language has an uncanny charm which is hard to explain.
13. I simply love the way the words are pronounced in Spanish.
14. It sounds like an imperial language, something that was only meant for to be used by the few chosen one.
15. Driven by my passion to learn this language I have already started my research on sources which could help me to achieve this dream of mine.
16. Luckily I have found a language school near by my home which is renowned for its foreign language facilities.
17. I just hope that I can find a competent Spanish faculty there.
18. I have also subscribed to some youtube channels that provide rudimentary lessons on Spanish language.
19. I also have an ulterior motive to learn this language.
20. I wish to travel to South American continent and Spanish would really make my visit more enjoyable there as it is the native language of most of the countries in that continent.