1. I am a perpetual traveller.
2. I prefer to visit places that have some historical significance because I am intrigued by the folklores associated with such places.
3. I have seen nearly all the historically important places in my vicinity but there was one monument which had been sitting on the top of my bucket list for quite some time.
4. That famous building was Taj Mahal.
5. Last month I checked off this place too when my uncle’s family planned to visit it.
6. He had come to our place on 4 days long vacation and I was excited to hear when he told me a visit to Taj Mahal was part of his itinerary so both my family and his family made the plan to visit Taj Mahal and explore the Agra city in which it is situated.
7. We started our journey in the car at 6 in the morning and reached Agra in 2 hours.
8. As expected there was a long queue of tourists outside the gates of Taj Mahal waiting to get inside and get a glimpse of this magnificent structure.
9. The security checks at the entrance were robust and everybody was getting frisked thoroughly.
10. Finally we went past security checks and entered an aisle where we were given shoe covers which prevent the floor of the building from getting dirty.
11. The moment I laid my eyes on it I was completely enchanted by the view in front of my eyes.
12. I had never seen anything so beautiful before, the view was absolutely surreal.
13. The entire covering of white marvel gave it a heavenly look.
14. I had seen many historical monuments but the painstaking manner in which Taj Mahal is built is simply exceptional.
15. After leaving mesmerized by the beauty of Taj Mahal I left from there with my family as we had other popular destination in Agra as well on our checklist.
16. The next stop was the famous food shop by the name of Bikaner Authentic.
17. The food shop is popular for its authentic recipes and people who visit Agra do not leave without giving its delicacies a try.
18. We all ordered something for ourselves and I ordered a dish by the name of Original Bikaner Thali.
19. When my order arrived I was simply amazed by the presentation of the food in the plate.
20. It was a work of art the manner in which all the dishes were arranged and the taste also lived up to its expectations.
21. All of us were very pleased with the food we had there and then we left for our last stop on our journey to Agra, the Agra Museum which is popular for its heritage collection of artefacts.
22. The crowd inside the museum was a testimonial of its popularity and look on the faces of people were of amazement because some of the artefacts dated back to 17th century.
23. The collection varied from the weapons of famous kings of Agra to the stunningly designed jewellery of the queens.
24. All of us thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Agra and I can confidently say that it is one of most memorable trips of my life so far.