1. Music is one thing I absolutely love.
2. Nothing excites me more than great music.
3. I have inherited this predilection for music from my mother who is a trained singer.
4. She started teaching me music from my childhood and made sure I participated in the school musical events.
5. In those events my talent was highly appreciated which intensified my love for music.
6. I dream of becoming a professional singer one day and in order to accomplish that I have to take the path less taken.
7. There are two prerequisites to become a singer.
8. First is obviously the hard work that is required to hone my skills and second is a great launch pad which would help me to begin my journey as a professional singer.
9. I have already taken care of the former and for the latter I have the perfect thing in mind.
10. Every two years in my country a musical competition called ‘Star Singer’ is organized.
11. It is orchestrated by one of the leading TV channels and is judged by three of most prominent music composers of our country.
12. The aim of the competition is to scout for talented singers and present them to the nation’s audience.
13. I have a firm belief in my abilities but it is not going to be easy to partake in this competition because every year thousands of talented singers audition for this competition and only 15 are finally selected.
14. I have seen the selection rounds of previous editions on TV and some of the singers were really impressive but even they got rejected because judges were looking for a complete singer who not only can sing but also had a great stage presence.
15. In essence their search culminates with a performer.
16. When the final 15 are selected then each judge takes 5 singers under his patronage.
17. They are trained by their mentors and are given a chance to perform every week.
18. Their performance is watched by the entire nation after which people are requested to vote for their favorite performer through SMS.
19. The contestant with the least number of votes is eliminated next week.
20. This process repeats until we have a winner of the contest.
21. The winners of previous editions have already become established singers.
22. That is why I would like to compete in this event and strive to fulfill my childhood dream.