Part 1: Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Costwise Car Hire
Number of offices in Sydney – 3
• Booking reference number – (1)
• Office just by (2) terminal
• Opening hours (3) to
• After hours charges – (4) $
• Cheapest model of car available – (5)
• Information needed when booking – (6) number
• Length of hire period (7)
• Reduce cost by driving under (8) km per week
• Insurance does not cover – (9)
• After hours put keys in box near the office on the (10)
Part 2: Questions 11-15
The following are essential requirements for which job?
Write the correct letter A, B or C next to questions 11-15.
A foreign languages
B willingness to travel abroad
C professional qualification
11. conference organizer
12. catering manager
14. fitness centre staff
15. reservations assistant
Choose FIVE answers from the list and write the correct letter A-G next to questions 16-20.
International finest group – Recruitment procedures
• Register interest in working for International Finest Group
• Receive personal code and check (16)
• Download application form
• Send in form and attach (17)
• Receive reply and confirm (18)
• Send in (19)
• Attend (20)
B names of referees
C work permit
D recruitment seminar
E evidence of qualifications
F conditions of employment
G initial interview
Part 3: Questions 21 and 22
Choose TWO letters A-E.
Which TWO possible objections to a roof garden are discussed?
A problems of access
B the cost of construction
C the time needed to install it
D who will look after it
E how to support the weight of it
Questions 23 and 24
Choose TWO letters A-E.
Which TWO recent developments in roof garden building are mentioned?
A waterproof barrier materials
B drainage systems
C tank designs
D lightweight construction materials
E watering systems
Label the diagram below. Write the correct letter A-H next to questions 25-30
26. electric wire
27. fibre optic cable
28. wooden post
29. glass cap
30. acrylic rod
Part 4: Questions 31-36
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
The Argus System
Developed by Rob Holman in North Carolina with other researchers. Research is vital for understanding (31) Matches information from under the water with information from a (32) According to S. Jeffress Williams, useful because can make observations during (33)
Dr Holman’s sand collection
• Dr. H. has samples from every (34)
• Used in teaching students of (35)
• E.g. US East Coast display – grairs from south are small, light colored and (36) in shape
Complete the flow chart below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.