Part 1: Questions 1-5
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN ONE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Hotel Armitage Booking Form
Name: Kelvin Jones
Booking number: (1)
Vehicle registration ID: (2)
Date of arrival: 21 May
Room number: 501
Type of room:
Standard? Deluxe? Suite?: (3)
Extra requirements: (4)
Identification: driver’s licence
Length of stay: (5)
Complete the map below. Write NO MORE THAN ONE WORD for each answer.
Part 2: Questions 11-13
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
11. The SIS is
A a non-profit making organization
B owned by an international corporation
C a collective owned by ordinary people
12. The SIS
A has no fees
B has low fees
C avoids paying fees
13. SIS accounts with the same customer number
A will be charged for setting up automatic payments
B attract no service charges
C must have a minimum balance
Complete the table below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Part 3: Questions 21-23
Answer the questions below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
21. What period of English Literature will the conference cover?
22. How many panel discussions have been arranged?
23. What is the aim of a panel discussion? To present
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD ONLY.
Procedure (dealt with by prof.)
• Identify topic of interest involving some (24)
• Invite penalties
• Select a (25)
• Decide on (26)
• Introduction of topic and speakers-get (27) information form prof.
• Each panelist speaks for 2 mins-make a hand (28) to show time is up
• Primary function = panel discussion (about 40 mins)
• Close discussion and give (29)
• Secondary function = question time (about 15-20 mins)
• At end of question time panel is thanked and audience shows appreciation by (30)
Part 4: Questions 31-35
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
• Renewable-constant source of (31) from natural hydrologic cycle
• (32) -90% of hydro energy-electric
• Clean-no air or (33) pollution
• (34) and durable-simple to operate
• Flexible-can start and adapt quickly to meet demand-leads to (35) of power supply
Label the diagram below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
Complete the sentences below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
39. To be effective, hydroelectric dams should be built across rivers with both sufficient head and
40. There needs to be a balance between the needs of living in developed environments and the preservation of natural habitat.