Part 1: Questions 1-4
Answer the following questions using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
1. On which day and date does the woman want to fly to Toronto?
2. What class does the woman want to fly in?
3. What is the lowest price for a ticket on the days the customer has chosen?
4. What do the ticket prices include?
Complete the table below using NO MORE THAN ONE WORD OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Questions 9 and 10
Answer the following questions using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
9. What is the customer’s full name?
10. Which company does she work for?
Part 2: Questions 11-14
Complete the following sentences using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
11. A tenancy agreement is a between tenant and the landlord.
12. An assured short hold tenancy means that your landlord cannot ask you to leave without a good reason during the
13. Tenants should keep a of the tenancy agreement.
14. is a list of all the items in the property.
Decide which THREE of the following statements about deposits are correct and write the appropriate letters on your answer sheet in any order.
A They are special to England
B They are generally equal to one month’s rent
C They can be used instead of one month’s rent
D They can cover unpaid bills when you leave accommodation
E They can cover the cost of damage to furniture
F They are not payable when you use an accommodation agency
G They can cover the legal costs of tenancy disputes.
Decide which are THREE ways a landlord can legally evict a tenant (other than an excluded tenant) and write the appropriate letters on your answer sheet in any order.
A By moving into the property
B By moving a member of his family into the property
C By applying to your educational institution for your eviction
D By waiting until the tenancy agreement expires
E By giving you notice that you have to leave
F By giving you at least 4 weeks’ notice that you have to leave
G By getting a court to issue an order for you to leave
H By contacting a law centre or the Citizens’ Advice Bureau
Part 3: Questions 21-25
Answer the following questions using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for an answer.
21. What did Klara originally want to do her project on?
22. Where can Klara read about housing prices every day?
23. Which facilities might influence housing prices?
24. What did Klara’s friend suggest including information on?
25. Where could Klara get such information from?
Complete the following sentences using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
26. In the middle part, Klara needs to use a
27. The professor suggests of the bibliography
28. The professor suggests that headings are
29. How much longer does Klara have to finish the project?
30. What’s the last thing Klara needs to do before giving the professor her project?
Part 4: Questions 31-33
Answer the following information about British Education scholarships using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
British Education Scholarships
• Available to all overseas students
• For students at (31) level
• 2000 awarded each year
• Full award (32) award or partial award
• Worth up to (33) £
Questions 34 and 35
Answer the following questions about Commonwealth Scholarships using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
34. Where should you apply for this scholarship?
35. How much is each scholarship worth?
Complete the following information about Foreign Office Scholarships using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Foreign Office Scholarships
• Awarded jointly by the Foreign Office and HE Institutions
• Usually awarded for (36)
• Not employed by government or (37)
• Course must be in field of (38)
Questions 39 and 40
Answer the following questions about Overseas Students Research Awards using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
39. Which cost is covered by these awards?
40. Which organization provides these awards?