Part 1: Questions 1-10.
Complete the notes. Use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
|Her first impression of the town||quiet||First type of accommodation||(6)…………….|
|Type of accommodation||(1)…………….||Problem with the first accommodation||(7)…………….|
|Her feelings about the accommodation||(2)……………||Second type of accommodation||(8)…………….|
|Her feelings about the studens||(3)……………||Name of course||(9)……………|
|Difficulties experienced on the course||(4)…………..||Comments about the course||computer room busy|
|Suggestions for improving the course||(5)…………..||Suggestions for improving the course||(10)………………..|
Part 2: Questions 11-20
Complete the notes below. Use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
• There are many kinds of bicycles available: racing, touring, (11) and ordinary
• They vary in price and (12)
• Prices range from $50.00 to (13)
• Single speed cycles are suitable for (14)
• Three speed cycles are suitable for (15)
• Five and ten speed cycles are suitable for longer distances, hills and
• Ten speed bikes are better because they are (17) in price but
• Buying a cycle is like (19)
• The size of the bicycle is determined by the size of the (20)
Part 3: Questions 21-24
Circle the correct answer.
21. At first Fiona thinks that Martin’s tutorial topic is
22. According to Martin, the banana
A has only recently been cultivated
B is economical to grow
C is good for your health
D is his favourite food
23. Fiona listens to Martin because she
A wants to know more about bananas
B has nothing else to do today
C is interested in the economy of Australia
D wants to help Martin
24. According to Martin, bananas were introduced into Australia from
Complete Martin’s notes Use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
Commercially grown banana plant
• Each banana tree produces (25) of bananas
• On modern plantations in tropical conditions a tree can bear fruit after
• Banana trees prefer to grow (27) and they require rich soil and
• The fruit is often protected by (29)
• Ripe bananas emit a gas which helps other (30)
Part 4: Questions 31 and 32
Circle the TWO correct options.
Consumption of Australian bananas
C New Zealand
Section 4: Questions 33-35
Circle the correct answer.
According to the first speaker:
33. The focus of the lecture series is on
A organising work and study
B maintaining a healthy lifestyle
C coping with homesickness
D settling in at university
34. The lecture will be given by
A the president of the Union
B the campus doctor
C a sports celebrity
D a health expert
According to the second speaker:
35. This week’s lecture is on
A campus food
C sensible eating
D saving money
Complete the notes. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
A balanced diet
• A balanced diet will give you enough vitamins for normal daily living.
• Vitamins in food can be lost through (36)
• Types of vitamins:
– Fat soluble vitamins are stored by the body.
– Water soluble vitamins – not stored, so you need a (37)
Getting enough vitamins
• Eat (38) of foods
• Buy plenty of vegetables and store them in (39)