Part 1: Questions 1-3
Complete the form below. Write ONE WORD OR A NUMBER.
Rented Properties Customer’s Requirements
Name: Steven Godfrey
No. of bedrooms: 4
Preferred location: in the (1) area of town
Maximum monthly rent: (2) £
Length of let required: (3)
Starting: September 1st
Complete the table below. Write ONE WORD OR A NUMBER.
|Oakington Avenue||living/ dining room, separate kithche||£ 550||no (4)……………|
|Mead Street||large living room and kitchen, bathroom and a cloakroom||£ 580||the (5)………….is too large|
|Hamilton Road||living room, kitchen, diner and a (6)………………..||£ 550||too (7)…………..|
|Devon Close||living room, dining room, small kitchen||(8) £…………..||none|
Questions 9 and 10
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
Which TWO facilities in the district of Devon Close are open to the public at the moment?
B concert hall
D sports centre
E swimming pool
Part 2: Questions 11-16
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER.
THE NATIONAL ARTS CENTER
Well known for: (11)
Complex consists of: concert rooms, theatres, cinemas, art galleries, public library, restaurants and
Historical background: 1940-area destroyed by bombs
1960s-1970s – centre was (13) and built in (14) – opened to public
Managed by: the (15)
Open: (16) days per year
Complete the table below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR A NUMBER.
|Monday and Tuesday||7.30 pm||The Magic Flute||(17)………..||from £ 8|
|Wednesday||8.00 pm||(18)……………(Canadian Film)||Cinema 2||(19) £………..|
|Saturday and Sunday||11 am to 10 pm||(20)…………..(art exhibition)||Gallery 1||free|
Part 3: Questions 21-26
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
Latin American Studies
21. Paul decided to get work experience in South America because he wanted
A to teach English there
B to improve his Spanish
C to learn about Latin American life
22. What project work did Paul originally intend to get involved in?
23 Why did Paul change from one project to another?
A His first job was not well organized
B He found doing the routine work very boring
C The work was too physically demanding
24. In the village community, he learnt how important it was to
A respect family life
B develop trust
C use money wisely
25. What does Paul say about his project manager?
A He let Paul do most of the work
B His plans were too ambitious
C He was very supportive of Paul
26. Paul was surprised to be given
A a computer to use
B so little money to live on
C an extension to his contract
What does Paul decide about each of the following modules?
Write the correct letter A, B or C next to questions 27-30.
27. Gender studies in Latin America
28. Second language acquisition
29. Indigenous women’s lives
30. Portuguese language studies
A He will do this.
B He might do this.
C He won’t do this.
Part 4: Questions 31-34
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
Trying to repeat success
31. Compared to introducing new business processes, attempts to copy existing processes are
A more attractive
B more frequent
C more straightforward
32. Most research into the repetition of success in business has
A been done outside the United States
B produced consistent findings
C related to only a few contexts
33. What does the speaker say about consulting experts?
A Too few managers ever do it
B It can be useful in certain circumstances
C Experts are sometimes unwilling to give advice
34. An expert’s knowledge about a business system may be incomplete because
A some details are difficult for workers to explain
B workers choose not to mention certain details
C details are sometimes altered by workers
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD ONLY.
Setting up systems based on an existing process
Manager tries to:
• Improve on the original process
• Create an ideal (35) from the best parts of several processes
Cause of problems
• Information was inaccurate
• Comparison between the business settings was invalid
• Disadvantages were overlooked e.g. effect of changes on (36)
• Change (37)
• Impose rigorous (38)
• Copy original very closely:
o Physical features of the (39)
o The (40) of original employees