Part 1: Questions 1-3
Complete the table below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Questions 4 and 5
Complete the flowchart below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
6. The cane toad originated in
A Central America
7. In Australia, the toads
A grew extremely large
B multiplied in number
C ate the cane beetles
8. The farmers’ plan failed because
A there were too many beetles
B their own research was faulty
C they believed the reports they read
9. The sugar cane industry
A thrives today
B has died out in some areas
C survives alongside the beetle
10. The second lesson to be learned from this story is that
A the environment is constantly at risk
B first hand research is not always necessary
C caution is necessary when dealing with nature
Part 2: Questions 11-20
Complete the time table below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Part 3: Questions 21-25
What opinion is expressed about each dissertation?
Choose your answers from the list below and write the letters A-I next to questions 21-25.
A it has an inadequate index
B it contains unusual illustrations
C it is too detailed in places
D it presents clear arguments
E it contains diagrams which are not clear
F it omits important historical facts
G it is poorly translated
H it contains useful background information
I it is not suitable for new students
21. Twentieth Century Architecture
22. Modern Construction
23. Steel, Glass and Concrete
24. The Space We Make
25. Change and Tradition
Complete the flow chart below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
Part 4: Questions 31-40
Complete the sentences below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
31. Rival cameras were claimed to less than the Cinematographe.
32. In Russia, on one occasion, the Cinematographe was suspected of being a
33. Early filming in Russia led to the creation of a new approach to
34. One problem for historians is not knowing whether early equipment as it was claimed.
35. Marey encountered difficulties achieving the of strips of photographic paper.
36. The of the comic strip influenced the way films were planned.
37. Documentaries used shots before fiction films did.
38. The popularity of films led to increased numbers of shots.
39. When filming the screen might be divided.
40. As films became more complex became an important part of film-making.