1. Due to the use of the computers and mobile phones, letter-writing ability is disappearing. To what extent do you agree?
2. Social media has replaced the traditional methods of communicating, and people use more and more social media to communicate, and to follow news and events. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
3. Some people believe bicycles have a lot of advantages, whereas others believe bicycles have more disadvantages. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
4. Some people prefer to plan activities for their free time very carefully, while others disagree. Discuss both views, and give you opinion.
5. Some people think that the government should take care of disadvantaged people such as the unemployed and homeless people. Do you agree or disagree?
6. Museums and art galleries should concentrate on local works of art, not showing the cultures or artworks from other countries. To what extent do you agree?
7. Some people spend a lot of money on sports and cultural events. Do you think this is this good or bad?
8. The government should provide free public transportation facilities 24/7 to reduce the traffic congestion. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Some people believe that robots are important for humans to develop their future, while others think that it is a dangerous invention that will impact society negatively. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
10. When designing a building the intended use of the building should be taken into account rather than its outward appearance. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. Nowadays people show more anti-social behaviour and a lack of respect to others. What are the causes of this? How could we improve the situation?
12. Some people believe that sleeping is the only method which allows people to get enough relaxation. Others believe that physical activities such as playing games and exercises also provide enough relaxation. Discuss both views and provide your opinion.
13. Some people think that dangerous sports should be ban? Do you agree or disagree?
14. In many countries, plastic shopping bags are the main type of rubbish. They cause water pollution and land pollution, so they should be banned. To what extent do you agree?
15. Some people believe that houses should be built in same style as other houses in the area, while others believe people should be allowed by the council to build houses in any style they like. Discuss and give your opinion.
1. All fathers should be entitled to time off from work when their children are born. What is your opinion?
2. Nowadays, a lot of movies and music are free to download online. Is it a negative development or a positive development?
3. Some people prefer hobbies that require technology, while some people prefer hobbies that do not require technology. Discuss the both views and give your opinion.
4. Pollution and other environmental damages are caused by a country developing and becoming richer. This problem cannot be avoided. To what extent do you agree?
5. Organised tours are choosing more and more to go to remote places and communities. Do you think this a positive or negative development for the local people and the environment?
6. The number of people interested in cosmetic surgery is increasing in order to improve their physical appearance. Why do people do operations to change the way they look? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
7. Some cities have vehicle free days where private cars, trucks and motorcycles are banned in city centres. Only bus, bicycles and taxis are permitted in the city centre. Do you think the benefits outweigh the disadvantages?
8. In today’s world of advanced science and technology, people still value artists such as painters, musicians and writers. How can art make a difference in our society that science and technology cannot?
9. In many societies, more and more people are choosing to live on their own. What are the reasons behind this? Is it a positive or negative trend?
10. It is believed by some that people should take a yearly driving test in order to ensure safety on the roads, while others do not agree. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
11. Once children start school, teachers have more influence on their intellectual and social development than parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
12. Some people think that people who are over 60 years old should not work and should be made to retire. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
13. The key to solving the environmental problems is for the present generation to sacrifice their convenient lifestyle for the sake of future generations. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. It is important for public money to be spent on promoting healthy lifestyle to prevent illness rather than spending money treating people who are ill. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1. Some people think that the teenagers should concentrate on all subjects at school. Other believe that teenagers should focus on the subject they are best at or they are most interested in. To what extent do you agree?
2. Nowadays people move from one country to another for work. Some people think children of these families suffer because of this while others thinks it is helpful for them. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
3. Adults do less exercise these days. Some people think that showing sports events on the television such as the Olympics and international tournaments is the best way to encourage adults to do exercise. Others believe there are more effective ways to do so. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
4. Some parents specially mothers stay at home instead working and some people think they should receive monetary compensation from the government. Do you agree or disagree?
5. Some people use technology to take advice for their medical problems rather than seeing a doctor. Why this is so? It is positive or negative development according to you?
6. Although more and more people are reading the news in the internet most people still prefer reading the news in a newspaper. What are your views?